On Tuesday 09 May 2006 09:32, Uwe Thiem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about '[gentoo-user] Network UPS Tools (NUT)':
> Hi folks,
>
> anybody using them? If so I have got a question.

I'm not but...

> Except one thing, everything is handled fine by gentoo's start-up
> scripts. The exception is this: If NUT shuts the box down, a flag
> /etc/killpower is created. At the end of the shutdown process this flag
> determines whether the UPS itself is to be switched of by software.
> It seems to me that this flag never gets removed. So a manual "halt"
> also tries to switch off the UPS which might not be intended.

Sounds like a bug to me.  I can't give you confirmation, but I will
encourage you to file a bug report.  It should be a trivial patch.

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest