Thanks guys!

I actually don't use wireless and so I didn't see that the problem is
there! It actually didn't find the wireless network card and so the
usual network card was at eth0... And of course I only had eth1 in the
default run level.

The network is working again!

Thanks a lot!!!
Goran.

On 5/9/06, JimD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Goran Dubajic wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am running Gentoo on Toshiba M45-S369 laptop, with unstable x1. When
> I did "emerge world" and carelessly "etc-update" (most of the cfg
> files were for x11)  and try to boot my laptop today,  I got message
> that "eth1 is not found" (eth0 is wireless)....
> Today I tried to recompile the kernel but it did not help...
> Any suggestions?
>
> Best wishes,
> Goran.

What module do you use for eth1?  Is it loaded?  Does your wireless
work?  Do you use dhcp for eth1?  Post a little more info about how you
had it setup when it worked and then we can work backwards from there

Jim