de Almeida, Valmor F. wrote:
> [...]
> After using a livecd to make a successful gentoo install, I tried to
> boot from the livecd again but in every attempt the bios keep booting
> grub from the hard drive. If I remove the hard drive from the list of
> boot devices in the bios and force it to boot from the CD rom I get the
> message: OS not found; I am sure the livecd is in the CD rom but
> apparently it is not recognized. What would be the reason for this
> behavior?

Check your BIOS and verify that the first boot device is indeed CD-ROM.
If still you can't boot then you need to check the CD-ROM medium as it
might have become corrupt. Re-burn the CD and try booting.

> [...]

Hope this helps,
Farhan Ahmed
--
Place           :  Bangalore, Karnataka, India
GPG Key         :  8BE90E98