Le Mercredi 17 Mai 2006 22:58, Martins Steinbergs a écrit :
> hi,
>
> I decided to clean my Gentoo install and I started with
> 'emerge --prune --pretend'
> what gave me some list of apps. Then I did equery depends <pkgname> for
> each package, but problem is with sloted ones such as gtkhtml, autoconf, db
> and a lot from Gnome tree.
> How to specify (syntax) package version to search for with 'equery depends'
> if this is suported?

Unless you really now what you are doing, I would suggest steering clear of
autoconf, since a lot of packages require different version of autoconf.

> qdepends gives me this output, I cant understand is this broken or both
> versions are needed by php, xorg and kmail?
>
> mar martins # qdepends -Q gtkhtml-1.1.10-r1
> depends: i'm such a fatty, could not
> eat_file(/var/db/pkg/dev-lang/php-5.1.4/DEPEND)
> depends: i'm such a fatty, could not
> eat_file(/var/db/pkg/x11-base/xorg-x11-7.0-r1/DEPEND)
> depends: i'm such a fatty, could not
> eat_file(/var/db/pkg/kde-base/kmail-3.5.2-r3/DEPEND)
>
> mar martins # qdepends -Q gtkhtml-3.10.1
> depends: i'm such a fatty, could not
> eat_file(/var/db/pkg/dev-lang/php-5.1.4/DEPEND)
> depends: i'm such a fatty, could not
> eat_file(/var/db/pkg/x11-base/xorg-x11-7.0-r1/DEPEND)
> depends: i'm such a fatty, could not
> eat_file(/var/db/pkg/kde-base/kmail-3.5.2-r3/DEPEND)
>
> I'll be glad to see your input. Maybe out there is some better script?
>
> martins

I have kmail installed, and I do not have gtkhtml installed. Plus, I just
checked, kamil does not depend on gtkhtml.
This error just means that the script could not check dependencies for that
specific package. However, you should see a list of package that depend on
the package you input on the command line.

For example : qdepends -Q qt outputs :

[snip]
kde-base/konsole-3.5.2-r1
kde-base/ksplashml-3.5.2
kde-base/kdm-3.5.2
kde-base/libkmime-3.5.0-r1
kde-base/kpdf-3.5.2
kde-base/kpersonalizer-3.5.2
depends: i'm such a fatty, could not
eat_file(/var/db/pkg/kde-base/kmail-3.5.2-r1/DEPEND)
kde-base/kdeaddons-docs-konq-plugins-3.5.2
kde-base/mimelib-3.5.1-r1
kde-base/kde-i18n-3.5.2-r1
[snip]

I think this simply means that the script does not know whether or not the
package depends on qt.

If that is all the output you get, I think you can remove gtkhtml.

Anyway, for non critical apps, this is what I do whan I want to clean the
system :
- qdepends -Q $package
- Oh, great, nothnig seems to depends on that !
- qpkg $package
- emerge -C $package
- revdep-rebuild

I hope this helps !!