On 5/18/06, Justin Findlay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
is this a single command?  Mine only prints out:

make -rR -f /usr/src/linux-2.6.17-rc4/scripts/Makefile.modpost
  scripts/mod/modpost -m -a -o
/usr/src/linux-2.6.17-rc4/Module.symvers   vmlinux

Yep, that is a single command that includes all of the module .o files
to process.

and that's it.  I've been looking at scripts/mod/modpost.c and I guess
it wants the object files on the command line, and they aren't being
supplied.

I think the failing is in scripts/Makefile.modpost.  However this
makefile is quite convoluted, and beyond my understanding with only a
5-minute investement.  I know that somewhere in there is supposed to
expand a full list of modules to call modpost with.  And for some
reason, you are getting an empty list of modules here...

What version of gcc are you using?  I know 3.4.x works, not so sure
about later versions...

Again, emerge --info might provide some more insight...

-Richard