Jerry McBride wrote:
I don't know where one would post this kind of messages, so here it is.

I'm using the latest version of portage on a couple of ~x86 boxes and I am very impressed. All my cry-babying about portage performance is a thing of the past.

So, thank you, Portage Devs. You've made my Gentoo experience nearly 100% enjoyable.

2.1_rc2-r1 dropped yesterday. Between an RC2 and your recommendation I figure it was a bout time to start using it. Works well, I like the new USE flag layout, and some of the other features.

kashani