thanks, Justin I was hoping for an answer like that ....

On 5/23/06, Justin Findlay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 5/23/06, Allan Spagnol Comar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Maybe this is a stupid question for the list, but I was wondering
> about and try some search at google and I don´t find the reason why
> gentoo hasn´t /etc/sysconfig folder .....

/etc/sysconfig is a RedHat invention.  That's where they keep their
distro specific configuration and config files for system
configuration that RedHat has specifically built (G)UIs for.

One of the things I love so much about Gentoo is that it is so
transparent.  There is no distro-level abstraction for system config
files.  There are config files for daemons in /etc/conf.d, and for
various other housekeeping you would expect the distro to take care
of, there's eselect.

Justin

An application asked:
"Requeires Windows 9x, NT4 or better",