Ok, I did the configuration of the kernel. And also cdrecord does complain, so everything seems ok. BUT it is not. I can surely say when the system will crash because in this cases it takes aweful long untill I can choose a operating system. And then it hangs when using kernel 2.6.16. I am getting the same error with 2.6.14 but it boots after some time. Is there a problem in the boot conditions? Is there some configuration file that is used while boot time that contains bad things?

Do not know what to do anymore.

JC

Richard Fish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:
On 5/24/06, JC Denton wrote:
> It seems so. Mainly because I do not know how to change. If you could give
> me a hint ?

Well assuming you are just using ide-scsi so you can access your
CD/DVD burner, it should be as simple as turing off
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI and turning on CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECD.

Then you will use /dev/hdX (or just /dev/cdrom or /dev/cdrw) instead
of /dev/sr0 as the device for whatever burn software you are using.
cdrecord will complain loudly about using a device node, but then
again, if cdrecord doesn't complain loudly about something, you
probably made a mistake!

-Richard