On 5/25/06, Thomas Kirchner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
* On May 25 16:44, Daniel da Veiga (gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org) wrote:
> (correct me if I'm wrong, but you installed using the Gentoo Installer,
> didn't you? if you had a complete experience of Gentoo install, you
> would know that by now, that's why I strongly advice new users to AVOID
> THE INSTALLER)

Good point, Daniel.  I totally forgot about the installer because I've
never even looked at it, but you're right - the only way someone could
miss that is if they used the installer or if someone else installed
Gentoo for them.

That said, I must reiterate the sentiment - avoid the installer like the
plague.

(Sorry, installer project folks.  I just don't agree with it.)

To the original poster, and to anyone else who has used the installer,
please do the list and yourselves a favor - read the guides, learn your
system.  I don't mean this to be rude in any way, but you'll get much
more benefit out of Gentoo that way.

I'm learning Gentoo as fast and as much as I can!  I've fixed many
problems by myself that you haven't heard about because I managed to
fix them myself.  I'm not as idiotic as some, but I'm not at all
familiar with portage and that's why I'm asking: I'm a hardened
apt-get veteran, but with portage I'm still learning, which is why I
ask.