List,

I suppose that I just found it odd that it popped up after I switched
to GCC 4.1.1.  Maybe coincidence.  I'll delete all my digest files and
let them download again, because this is popping up on quite a few
packages.  Maybe a bad mirror.

I will be going on vacation for about a week, and when I get back I'll
try to do all this again, hell, maybe even from a fresh install.  I
hear the benefits are worth it.

I've read a few things about 4.1.1 not playing well with GTK packages
on the forums, however, and that still appears to be the case.  I'll
get exact error messages when I return and bring this thread up again.

Thanks to everyone who responded!

--
Jason Weisberger
[EMAIL PROTECTED]