Martin Larsson wrote:
> On 5/24/06, Richard Fish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Well yes, he needs a -r<something>,
>
> I've installed vmware-workstation-5.5.1.19175-r3.
> But it seemed I had some old versions of vmware-files
> in various locations. So I cleaned that up, and now I
> can configure.
>
> But when I attempt to actually *run* it, I get:
>
>    vmware is installed, but it has not been (correctly) configured
>    for this system. To (re-)configure it, invoke the following command:
>    /opt/vmware/workstation/bin/vmware-config.pl.
>
> Running vmware-config.pl again just brings me back
> to that same error.
>
> M.

I get this too.  It appears to be a bug in the startup script.  If I run
/etc/init.d/vmware start and everything comes up.  If I run the startup
script again I get a some failed messages because vmware was already
started.

The startup script places an empty file in /etc/vmware named
not_configured if the startup script fails for any reason.  Being
already started doesn't seem like a good reason to me.

Anyway, all I had to do is remove /etc/vmware/not_configured and all is
golden.

Jim