On 5/27/06, JimD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Part of me wanting to try kde again was because of the nice speed
increase with startup times and gcc 4.1.  However, I don't know if this
is try from experience.  Is kde 3.5 noticeably faster when compiled with
gcc 4.1?

I'll let you know in a week or so once my emerge -e world finishes... :-)

Actually the last time I did this, it took about 16 hours to rebuild
everything....of course that was with openoffice-bin which I don't use
anymore.  Building OOo from source should add about 7 hours.

-Richard