Hi...

 I made a gentoo installation by reading gentoo installation guide.
When I boot from livecd the configuration of my disks is as follows:

  BUS=scsi
  /dev/sda  ->  SYSFS{model}=="SAMSUNG SP..."

  BUS=scsi
  /dev/sdb  ->  SYSFS{model}=="SysOp           "

  BUS=scsi
  /dev/sdc  ->  SYSFS{model}=="Dados           "

  I got this information through udevinfo shell command.

  /dev/sdb has BIOS boot priority, so I installed grub on it.

 But when I boot the system with the kernel that I compiled (yes, I
put all modules/drivers required for my scsi controllers and sata on
it), the udev recognize the disks in a different order, such as:

  BUS=scsi
  /dev/sda  ->  SYSFS{model}=="SysOp           "

  BUS=scsi
  /dev/sdb  ->  SYSFS{model}=="Dados           "

  BUS=scsi
  /dev/sdc  ->  SYSFS{model}=="SAMSUNG SP123245"

 so, when gentoo activate udev the system shows a message that the
boot device was not specified or not recognized. I go to shell and
type dmesg, the disks is recognized but in such order that I said, not
as the same as livecd. I started up the system with livecd again, than
I created the file /etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules with the following
rules:

 BUS=="scsi", SYSFS{model}=="SAMSUNG SP123245", NAME="/dev/sda"
 BUS=="scsi", SYSFS{model}=="SysOp           ", NAME="/dev/sdb"
 BUS=="scsi", SYSFS{model}=="Dados           ", NAME="/dev/sdc"

 and finally I typed:

 # udevstartup
 # exit
 # umount /mnt/gentoo/dev/ /mnt/gentoo/proc /mnt/gentoo
 # reboot

 The system continue showing me the same message, after activate
udev, "the boot device was not find or not recognized".

 So, what I'm doing wrong? All pointers/suggestion are accepted. When
I installed grub on /dev/sdb when I was on livecd everything went
fine.

Thank you,

Leandro.