Hi there,

I've recently purchased a Panasonic GS75 (MiniDV) camcorder and I'd like to download and edit videos on linux (if possible). The camera comes with an USB cable, so I tried to find something to get the videos out from the camera. The recommended application for this seems to be kino, but it seems that is only able to capture from ieee1394 devices, is this correct?

So, is there any way to capture or download videos from the camera using the provided USB cable? Should I buy a DV cable (the camera has DV output)?

Thanks in advance, best regards
Jose