Hi,

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 13:32:17 -0500
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hans-Werner Hilse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > What you're experiencing seems to be just a missing ScriptAlias. RTFM
> > about calling CGIs...
>
> What I've found is that if I set ScriptAlias to
> /var/www/localhost/cgi-bin/ then it all works there but not at:
> USER/public_html.  There a cgi is just displayed like a file.
>
> If I do not define ScriptAlias at all then cgi works under
> $public_html but cgi under $htdocs is just displayed as a file.

Sorry, my fault. A ScriptAlias alone isn't likely to work, if I read
this correctly:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/howto/cgi.html
Read starting at "CGI outside of ScriptAlias directories", it
explicitly mentions the UserDir setting. And there are docs linked for
using .htaccess files for configuring this.

-hwh