I tried this suggestion, but it didn't work. I couldn't login. :(

I would LOVE to make screen (and BASH) my default shell. I'm always ssh'ing
into my servers and getting upset if the connection goes down between me and
them, or I start an emerge and then forgot that I can't actually shut down
my host computer as that will kill the ssh and therefore the emerge.

I want screen to start up automatically as my default shell (as bash, with
all my .bashrc settings, etc) whenever I connect either via console or ssh.
I also would like to automatically re-attach to that screen whenever I login
again.

Is this possible? And if so, what do I need to put in /etc/password or
wherever. I could put it in a .bash* file, but that seems hackish (given the
idea in Ryan's quote above).

DÆVID