On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 09:58:54AM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> My question is, what are the local rules around here for how to behave
> on list? I'm very much old school, and prefer lists over forums - in
> my world top posting, no snipping, HTML mail and hi-jacking threads
> are a huge no-no, pretty much strict RFC1855 compliance :-)

I don't think there are any 'rules' local to this gentoo-user list.
While it is important to maintain good email behavior on any mailing
list it's also important to be accepting/forgiving of newbies who aren't
blessed from the begining with all the knowledge of 'netiqutte' that we
are.  "Be broad in what you accept and discriminating in what you send."
(I don't remember the exact quote.)  Threads that degenerate into
flamewars over trivial things like top posting are usually pretty
amusing^H^H^Hboring anyway.

Justin