On 6/13/06, Kevin O'Gorman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/13/06, Richard Fish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 6/13/06, Kevin O'Gorman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > checking for gcc... gcc
> >  checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O2 -march=pentium4
> > -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mfpmath=sse -msse2 -mmmx -fPIC -Wl,-O1
> > -ldl-Wl,-O1) works... no
>
> Looks like CFLAGS and LDFLAGS have gotten combined somehow.
>
> What does emerge --info show?  Also post the output of "env | grep -e
> CFLAGS -e CXXFLAGS -e LDFLAGS".

 That one comes up empty.  There are no FLAGs in my environment.

Well this is a bit confusing, because the command that configure uses
for the compiler test is:

${CC-cc} -o conftest${ac_exeext} $CFLAGS $CPPFLAGS $LDFLAGS
conftest.$ac_ext $LIBS

The ebuild only adds the -fPIC option, and the "-Wl,-O1 -ldl-Wl,-O1"
stuff doesn't show up anywhere in the glib sources.  So the only place
that could come from is the environment...

We didn't check CPPFLAGS, do you have that set by chance?

What does "locate config.site" report? (or "find / -name config.site"
if you don't use slocate).  It should come back with nothing...

Just for comparison, when I build glib-1.2, I get:

checking whether the C compiler (gcc -march=pentium4 -Os
-fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -fweb -fPIC ) works... yes

and my CFLAGS are set to

CFLAGS="-march=pentium4 -Os -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -fweb"

So you can see the ebuild adds -fPIC option, and nothing else should
be sneaking in...

-Richard