fei huang wrote:

On 6/19/06, *Alexander Skwar* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Alexander Kirillov wrote:

     > I've lost most of them locales after upgrade to glibc-2.3.6-r4.

    You'll need to create a /etc/locale.gen file. After that, read

            man 5 locale.gen
            man 8 locale-gen

    and run /usr/sbin/locale-gen

     > I don't have userlocales flag set either.

    As there *is* no such flag, there's really no need to set it.

there IS a userlocales flag available for the previous version,

So, there IS no such flag available for the current version, ie.
the version, the OP is about.

seems not working though,

Worked very well, when there used to be such a flag. At least on
my systems it worked very well.

I set the USE flag, but locale -a still list nearly everything.

Did you create a /etc/locales.build file?

the latest r4 version ignore this flag somehow.

Yes, as I said: There IS no such flag as "userlocales". But you're right,
this flag is ignored - just like other non-existant flags.

Anyway, the solution is to create a /etc/locale.gen file and run locale-gen.

Alexander Skwar
--
Would it help if I got out and pushed?
                -- Princess Leia Organa