On 19/06/06, Bo Ørsted Andresen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It uses the BROWSER environment variable if it exists to pick a browser to
which it sends a mailto: link containing all the info to compose a mail in
the composer that the browser uses to handle mailto. Hope that makes
sense. :)

Yes it does, thanks.  The problem then is that I do not have set the
BROWSER env variable, because I choose the browser according to
particular browsing needs;  i.e. mostly Opera, sometimes FF, sometimes
Konqueror, rarely Mozilla, Links.

$ BROWSER=konqueror googleearth

Yes this works nicely, I may just add it to my Fluxbox menu command.

You may also edit the googleearth script and add BROWSER=whatever at the top

Hmm, this does not seem to work at all:
$ googleearth
/usr/bin/googleearth: line 10: =/usr/kde/3.5/bin/konqueror: No such
file or directory
I've tried all sorts of nomenclature (placing the path in " ", etc.)
but it won't work.  It just launches Firefox.  Although I've set the
mailto: path in FF config to kmail, FF does not seem to respond to the
'attachto=' that googleearth passes on to it.  As a result a new
message is opened but no attachment is created.

Any idea what the syntax should look like for the googleearth script
to acknowledge the BROWSER env variable?
--
Regards,
Mick