Grant wrote:
Is there a way to shut the power of my laptop down and then power it
back on and have it resume right where it was when it was powered
down?

Sure. Install the hibernate package and configure /etc/acpi/default.sh
properly:

                case "$action" in
                        power)  #/sbin/init 0
                                logger "$group, ACPI action $action thru default.sh
invoked - calling /usr/sbin/hibernate"
                                /usr/sbin/hibernate
                                logger "/usr/sbin/hibernate finished"
                                ;;

You'll also need to compile the "button" module in the kernel.

 I think this is called suspend/resume.  I see there is a kernel
called suspend2-sources.  Is there any way to do it with my
hardened-sources kernel?

Dunno. But you don't *HAVE* to use suspend2 to do suspend-to-disk. The
plain kernel does this as well.

Alexander Skwar
--
 Brannigan: You'll be negotiating with the aliens' mysterious leaders, the
 Brain Balls. They've got a lot of brains, and they've got a lot of chutzpah.