On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:08:54 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Where did you learn how to set it up?  It appears the authors haven't
> even made an attempt to explain how to use it other than the sparse
> man page which just lists the cmdline switches.
>
> Or is it just a case of rc-update add  teapop default

Thanks to CONFIG_PROTECT, I still have the config files in /etc.

# cat /etc/conf.d/teapop
# TEAPOP command-line options.
#
# Please refer to 'man teapop' for a complete list of options.
#
# -s for standalone mode.

TEAPOP_OPTS="-s -L"

I don't know if this was the default or not. There's also
/etc/teapop.passwd, which is heavily commented. I have these two lines at
the end

empty:*:passwd:/var/spool/mail:0::mail:
default:*:reject

I'm fairly sure I was still using mbox files at the time, although I
can't recall whether it makes any difference here.

Or you could use dovecot. It's not quite as lightweight as teapop, but
the config file is well explained.

--
Neil Bothwick

If this were an actual tagline, it would be funny.