On 6/27/06, Roy Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Howdy,

I'm curious if there is a way to conditionally package mask.
Let me give todays example.

Running ~x86.

gimp-2.3.9 is installed.

gimp-perl-2.2_pre1 has this RDEPEND =media-gfx/gimp-2.2*

So naturally wants to downgrade gimp to 2.2.11-r1.

What would be nice is to be able to mask:

  >=gimp-2.3 if =gimp-perl-2.2_pre1

That would then downgrade gimp to 2.2 and leave it there
until the next version of gimp-perl is available.

Just a thought here but would it be worthwhile to just modify the
ebuild? instead of
RDEPEND =media-gfx/gimp-2.2*
have this
RDEPEND >=media-gfx/gimp-2.2*

This would allow you to not have to downgrade gimp. Its a possibilty
without more research I wouldnt be able to tell you if its the best
solution or not though

AJ