On 01/07/06, Michael [Plouj] Ploujnikov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This is really my whole cupsd.conf file:

# grep -v "\#" /etc/cups/cupsd.conf |cat -s

OK lets think through this once more.  Your original $ lpstat -h
localhost -t output although it shows  your gray-deskjet as the
default destination, it does not show that the other printer is
paused.

Try again to manually set the default printer (for all users) and see
if it picks it up:

# lpoptions -d gray-deskjet

May be worth re-naming ~/.lpoptions file if it exists to make sure
that only the /etc/cups/lpoptions are read by lp on each occasion.

Then stop the pdfprt (not sure how you do this from the command line,
I use the GUI).  Check that pdfprt is stopped, gray-deskjet is idle
accepting jobs and is the default printer using $ lpststat -h
localhost -t.  Then try to send something to the printer using lp,
e.g. lp foo.txt.

My guess is that for some reason your pdfprt is being picked up and
its address cups-pdf:/ is not correct?

HTH
--
Regards,