On 29/06/06, Neil Bothwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:08:13 -0300, Daniel da Veiga wrote:

> > Adding 'RC_PLUG_SERVICES="!net.eth0"' to /etc/conf.d/rc may fix this.
> > Read the comments in the file for an explanation.

> Thanks for the info Neil, I also had this problem before, as I was
> using wlan0 by the time I simply deleted net.eth0 and it stopped
> rising, net.eth0 wasn't in ANY runlevel, not even connected, is this a
> new feature?

Fairly new, at least for those using stable. Devices can be automatically
configured when they are detected, which for network devices means
running the respective tint.d script.

I thought that this new feature would/should take into account what
net services exist in the rc-update default level and act according to
the settings in /etc/conf.d/rc.  I also do not have net.eth0 in my
default runlevel but still get these boot notices as well as the
errors when I run rc-update -s.

My settings look like this:

RC_PLUG_SERVICES=""
RC_NET_STRICT_CHECKING="lo"

Reading the comments about lo, I thought that if lo comes up it is
counted as an interface and the script stops checking.  Did I get it
all wrong?
--
Regards,
Mick