Daniel,

Unmasking libdrm won't hurt a thing.  If you're already using modular x, it's probably already installed in it's stable version.  You will need a few things to get XGL running with NVidia's proprietary drivers, such as an alpha version of Mesa, new versions of glitz and much more.  Checking out the HOWTO_XGL page on gentoo-wiki.com will tell you exactly what you need to install.

Just look at Hanno's overlay to see what you're putting on your computer.

On 7/1/06, Daniel Iliev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sat, Юли 1, 2006 10:10 pm, Bo Г&#65533;rsted Andresen wrote:
> On Saturday 01 July 2006 21:00, Daniel Iliev wrote:
>> Will this mask work for nvidia cards too?
>
> You really need to learn how to explain a question clearly... The libdrm
> package in an overlay had no keywords. OP wanted to use it. That has nothing
> to do with any particular graphics card... If you experience that any package
> is masked by missing keyword then you can add '-* ~*' keywords to the
> acceptable keywords for that package in /etc/portage/package.keywords. But
> since masked by missing keyword means that the package is literally untested
> on your arch it also means that noone can tell you if it will work as in
> compile and be functional. It will just tell portage to portage that it is
> okay to emerge it...
>
> --
> Bo Andresen

First, thanks for the reply. I didn't know what "masked by missing keyword" means.

Second, you're right about the the lack of clarity in my question. I'm sorry about
that.

Please, let me try to explain what I had in mind.

===correct me if I'm wrong===
I think Nvidia cards do not work with DRI as all other cards, but they use their own
glx and kernel drivers for direct rendering. So direct rendering manager [DRM]
doesn't apply to NVidia's closed source drivers.
===correct me if I'm wrong===

I want to emerge Xgl even it's considered to be unstable. So in this context my
question was "(1) will unmasking libdrm break something, kick my dog...etc :) if
merged together with nvidia's binary drivers and (2) is unmasking libdrm enough to
install Xgl?"

I really want to install Xgl very much. No matter if it is  unstable or if it has
bugs. Please, help me.

--
Best regards,
Daniel