Luigi Pinna wrote:
> Alle 00:20, martedì 4 luglio 2006, Benno Schulenberg ha scritto:
> > >     Option "XkbRules"   "xorg"
> > >     Option "XkbModel"   "pc105"
> > >     Option "XkbLayout"  "de"
> > >     Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
> >
> > Comment all of these out,
>
> I did it, no changes in output (same for setxkbmap too!)

Okay. What says 'grep -A2 Option /var/log/Xorg.0.log' ?

> My question is: how is it possible that the package is marked
> stable if there is a bug like it?

Maybe because you're the first one to run into it?  Since probably
few people do this upgrade-downgrade-upgrade cycle.  Maybe you made
a small mistake somewhere along the way?  Maybe you had some
package still masked for some reason, or forgot to unmask another?

> In a your link says that the
> problem is solved in the 7.1 and no patch for the 7.0?

Probably there is no problem, just some files that for some reason
went missing, something that's cured by a reinstallation of the
affected package or packages.

So, do a 'genlop --list --date 5 days ago', or something similar, to
find out which packages got emerged for the upgrade of Xorg, and
then start re-emerging those (not by version number, but by name),
one by one, and keep restarting X to see when it gets fixed.

>From another angle: have you tried using KDE or GNOME to control the
nationality of the keyboard?  It should fail too, but one never
knows.

Benno