On 7/5/06, Richard Fish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 7/5/06, Trenton Adams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Where would I suggest a standard shell option to be incorporated into
> /etc/bash/bashrc?

bugs.gentoo.org would be the appropriate place.  File it as an
enhacement request.

> I can't stand it when I logout of multiple shells, and get only the
> history of the last one.  Especially on root.
>
> So, I use the histappend shell option.
> shopt -s histappend
>
> Wouldn't it be good to incorporate this into the standard bash shell?

I don't see any downside to this, although it seems like a fairly
trivial thing for the user who wants this to add it to their .bashrc
files.  There might be some desire to keep the configuration as close
to the $UPSTREAM defaults as possible.

Yes, it is trivial.  But yeah, that was my whole point, is to try and
keep close to the UPSTREAM, as you say.  And, it kind of should be a
standard option, as it is on many other distros.

-Richard