On 7/7/06, Allan Gottlieb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At Fri, 07 Jul 2006 17:54:25 -0700 Richard Fish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> BTW, how is the mobility for the G7/MX1000?  Do they come with bulky
> cradles that one would have to carry around?

I believe both have a cradle.  However, I already own a tiny trivial
mouse for trips.  The G7/MX1000 would stay in one place (with my
external monitor and allegedly-hand-and-wrist-friendly keyboard).

The MX1000 has a gigantic bulky cradle like my MX 700.  The G7 has
interchangable batteries and a base docking station, but that is just
a USB extension that houses a much more portable USB reciever like a
smaller wireless optical mouse.

If you plan on moving around a lot, get the G7.  If you're staying
put, the MX 1000 will do fine.  Both are dang good mice, so you really
can't make a *wrong* choice, just one is better than the other for
certain needs.  That's all.