060710 Philip Webb wrote:
> 060709 Richard Fish wrote:
>> On 7/9/06, Philip Webb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Konqueror 3.5.3 (3.5.1 3.5.2) displays news sites with an ugly font
>>> despite 'Standard font = New Century Schoolbook, min/med size 11';
>> Konqueror is honoring document-specified fonts instead of your choice.
>> Yahoo specifies Verdana for everything, so that is what Konqueror displays.
>> You can override this brutally via the "Accessibility" style sheet,
>> customizing it to force the "same font family for all text".
> Yes, that works, but only if you restart Konqueror:
> that trapped me previously, as I didn't think it needed restarting.
> However, a different problem arises, as vital header text is now missing:
>   http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/font-firefox2.png
>   http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/font-konq2.png
> This happens on other sites too.  I don't know how to write style sheets,
> though I can find these in ~/.kde : can you suggest what to add
> or do you know of a beginners' guide to style sheets anywhere ?

This proved easy to fix by taking the font lines from "accessible"
& inserting them into "default" to create a personal CSS file.
The originals are in hard-to-find places:
  "default" =  /usr/kde/3.5/share/apps/khtml/css/html4.css
  "accessible" =  ~/.kde/share/apps/kcmcss/override.css
(Krusader's very powerful search facility helped a lot in finding them)
& KDE's use of style sheets is not well explained in the KDE dox.

Thanks again to the  2  helpers & HTH as grist for the list archive.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]