Hi,

I been trying to connect my laptop to a wireless router but without success.
The router is a common Linksys WRT54G. My pcmcia card is also a Linksys WPC54G.
I am now using a new driver (bcm43xx), instead of ndiswrapper, but I think the problem is not from that. I did use my card with this new driver successfully before.
The problem arises at the authentication stage.
Somehow, I can't associate or authenticate with the damn router.
Although stupid, I've tried with encryption enable/disable, DHCP server enable/disable and many other things that I can change in the router setup.
Nothing seems to work. I could almost say I've tried everything.
With a ether cable, works fine!
And there is other laptop (running windows) connected via wireless to the router without any problem.

The following is what shows up in dmesg:

SoftMAC: Open Authentication completed with 00:12:17:xx:xx:xx
SoftMAC: Authentication response received from 00:12:17:xx:xx:xx but did not request authentication.
SoftMAC: Authentication response received from 00:12:17:xx:xx:xx but did not request authentication.
SoftMAC: Authentication response received from 00:12:17:xx:xx:xx but did not request authentication.
SoftMAC: Authentication timed out with 00:12:17:xx:xx:xx
printk: 4 messages suppressed.
SoftMAC: Open Authentication completed with 00:12:17:xx:xx:xx
SoftMAC: Authentication response received from 00:12:17:xx:xx:xx but no queue item exists.
printk: 5 messages suppressed.
SoftMAC: Open Authentication completed with 00:12:17:xx:xx:xx
SoftMAC: Open Authentication completed with 00:12:17:xx:xx:xx
SoftMAC: Authentication response received from 00:12:17:xx:xx:xx but no queue item exists.
SoftMAC: Open Authentication completed with 00:12:17:xx:xx:xx
SoftMAC: Authentication response received from 00:12:17:xx:xx:xx but no queue item exists.
SoftMAC: Authentication response received from 00:12:17:xx:xx:xx but no queue item exists.
ieee80211: eth1: IEEE80211_REASSOC_REQ received
SoftMAC: Open Authentication completed with 00:12:17:xx:xx:xx
SoftMAC: Open Authentication completed with 00:12:17:xx:xx:xx
SoftMAC: Authentication response received from 00:12:17:xx:xx:xx but no queue item exists.
SoftMAC: Authentication response received from 00:12:17:xx:xx:xx but no queue item exists.
SoftMAC: Authentication response received from 00:12:17:xx:xx:xx but no queue item exists.
SoftMAC: Authentication response received from 00:12:17:xx:xx:xx but no queue item exists.

note: I changed the real MAC address with the "xx" one.

Does anyone know what can be wrong?
Or what can I try to do?

Thanks,
Fernando