On 7/13/06, Richard Watson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
For some reason the CPU seems to run very hot with a lot of fan activity
compared to when I boot XP, plus overall performance seems slow in
comparisom to XP with Gnome freezing for a few seconds on occasion as
though the system is stretched.

I had exactly the same thing on my Athlon-MP. The whole idea is that
Windows automatically scales mobile CPU down (mine to about 500MHz)
when it's not being used so the temperature drops down a bit. I have
configured powernowd to autoscale my CPU and it's working exactly the
same as on Windows now. You can try something like that. Try to find
something what has to do with intelistep (that's the name of the cpu
scaling engine from Intel AFAIR). Good luck!

--
Pozdrawiam
Janusz YANOUSHek Bossy