On 7/13/06, Sieb, Glenn E (Glenn) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi everyone..

Running 2006.0, 2.6.15-r5 kernel

1U box, SATA boot drive (sda), and an attached USB drive (in theory, sdb) for on-site backup storage.

Problem is--if the USB drive is plugged into the system when it reboots, the *USB drive* comes up as sda.

Somehow I doubt changing /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 is going to fix this.

I doubt using udev rules is going to fix this, either--as, frankly, the system has to be able to boot in order to read them.

Is there any way of getting the USB drive to *not* mount as sda? Ever? :-\ :-/

Thanks in advance,
Best,
--Glenn

--