On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:06:30 +0000 (UTC), Konstantinos Agouros wrote:

> is there a way to leave this package for good? If I put in
> /etc/portage/package.mask I get complaints with an emerge -uDp world.
> gnome and gnome-media seem to really want it. I don't have a cd-rw in
> that box so I don't see why I should install this.

You could put it in /etc/portage/profile/package.provided, but whatever
wants it may then break.

Do you have the cdr USE flag set? If it is explicitly turned off (it may
be on by default in your profile) and a package is still trying to pull
this in, it may be worth filing a bug report.

--
Neil Bothwick

I am MODERATOR of BORG. Follow the rules or be assimilated.