On Tuesday 18 July 2006 06:17, Bryan Whitehead wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jul 2006, Ralph Slooten wrote:
> >
> > Hiya list,
> >
> > Just need some opinions here, and am not looking for a raving flame-war
> > regarding which file system is better etc ;-) ~ Oh and please excuse the
> > long mail, but I need explain my situation clearly to avoid confusion.
>
> [snip]
>
> I've had this happen to me a number of times... I'm now a happy XFS
> user. :)
>
> </flamestart ;) >

No flamestart, but . . .

I have had the opposite experience:  reiserfs surviving happily multiple
lockups due to faulty memory with no fs corruption.  Installed /usr on an xfs
(laptop) and after a couple of hard reboots it was borked!  This has happened
a number of times to the extent that I became convinced reiserfs is the
preferred fs for me.  Mind you I am still running /usr on xfs.  ;-)

Just my 2c's.
--
Regards,
Mick