Richard Broersma Jr wrote:
>> Because of the problems I had, I would *NEVER* encourage people
>> to *NOT* recompile everything.
>
> Sorry,  but double negatives only confuse me. :-)

Me too - sorry about that.

> So you are advocating that everyone recompile everything.

Yes, exactly. It *MIGHT* not be required, but I wouldn't bet a 0,01€ on it.
Also, I'd quite understand that bugs would be rejected, if it were so, that
the user would've upgraded to 4.1.x without recompiling everything. There
*ARE* known problems and the documentation states, that everything should
be recompiled.

Alexander Skwar
--
<rm_-rf_> The real value of KDE is that they inspired and push the
          development of GNOME :-)