Luigi Pinna wrote:
> Alle 22:28, giovedì 13 luglio 2006, Benno Schulenberg ha scritto:
> > Okay.  But what does 'equery belongs xdm' say?  You really seem
> > to have trouble reading and following instructions.
>
> Sorry, I mixed all things, sometime I already tried something,

When you're asked what something says, you are supposed to post the
results, no matter whether you think it's important or not.

> sometime I don't understand what it means...

Then ask.

> I found that the xorg.conf doesn't work. If I remove
> it, the X server starts good,

What does that mean?  You're being far too vague.  Does all of KDE
or Gnome or fluxbox or whatever you use work?

> if I create one of them (xorgconfig, X -configure, the
> xorg-x11-6.8.X one), X doesn't start correctly.

Grrr...  _What_ is going wrong?  What are the exact errors?

Also, you were asked for the output of 'emerge --info'.  _Post_ it.
Plus the _whole_ of the failing xorg.conf.

Benno