Grant schrieb:
I'm getting this on my laptop:

"!!! A network error occured while trying to send logmail:\n(111,
'Connection refused')\nSure you configured PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI
correctly?"

I have this in make.conf:

PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="info warn error log"
PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="save mail"
PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="[EMAIL PROTECTED] localhost"

and:

[ebuild   R   ] mail-mta/ssmtp-2.61  USE="mailwrapper md5sum ssl -ipv6" 0 kB

Fine - who cares?

Should that be enough?

Sure, if you've got an SMTP server running on localhost. Do you? ssmtp
is an MTA, not a SMTP server.

If you wish to use ssmtp with ELOG, you've got to use PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM=custom
and set up your own program in PORTAGE_ELOG_COMMAND. Read my howto at
http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Making_portage_use_/usr/sbin/sendmail_to_send_out_ELOG_mails

Alexander Skwar
--
For the first time we have a weapon that nobody has used for thirty years.
This gives me great hope for the human race.