On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 09:10:42 +0100
Uwe Thiem wrote:

> On 26 July 2006 00:54, Nick Rout wrote:
>
> > There is a current "scratchy" noise problem with PVR-150 drivers.
> >
> > AFTER you have started playing/recording the stream execute
> >
> > ivtvctl -qX
> >
> > where X is the audio input you are using. This fixes it for me and a
> > number of other mythtv users. Some have even set up a cron script to
> > execute that command every 10 seconds.
>
> I'll try that, weird as it is. ;-)
>

> > To get as close as possible to a DVD compatible stream use
> >
> > ivtvctl -c stream_type=X where X is the stream type you want from :
> >
> > /* Stream types */
> > #define IVTV_STREAM_PS          0
> > #define IVTV_STREAM_TS          1
> > #define IVTV_STREAM_MPEG1       2
> > #define IVTV_STREAM_PES_AV      3
> > #define IVTV_STREAM_PES_V       5
> > #define IVTV_STREAM_PES_A       7
> > #define IVTV_STREAM_DVD         10
> > #define IVTV_STREAM_VCD         11
> > #define IVTV_STREAM_SVCD        12
> > #define IVTV_STREAM_DVD_S1      13
> > #define IVTV_STREAM_DVD_S2      14
> >
> > I cannot for the life of me remember whether you want 10,13 or 14.
>
> Interesting. is there actually any comprehensive documentation about ivtv? I
> only found scratches and pieces.
>
> Uwe

Only what comes with it I think. The doc directory in the source is
worth a look.

This is also worth a look: http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Main_Page

The driver has been in such a rapid state of development that any
documentation would quickly be out of date. It is considerably more
mature lately.

The mythtv mailing list archives are also a very good source of
knowledge. I would say that a very big percentage of people using these
cards under linux do so in a mythtv box. The archives are very good and
appear here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/

simply running

ivtvctl | less gives you a good idea of what you can control.

--
Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>