Hi,
  I don't know if anyone else out there is a stock trader but I was
at a weekend options trading presentation by thinkorswim and (GASP)
the support Linux! (APPLAUSE!) For this reason alone I'd really like
to give them some money and start supporting them.

http://www.thinkorswim.com

  Anyway, I've downloaded their trading platform and tried installing
it but it seems I don't have exactly the correct libraries.

  Is there a way for me to try and fix up this machine so that it has
a better chance of running? I'm not sure how I determine what to
emerge to take care of the problems below.

  I'm pretty sure I'll need sun-java but I'll do that after I
undertand this library issue a bit better.

Thanks,
Mark

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/Desktop $ sh ./thinkorswim_installer.bin
Preparing to install...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
awk: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
/bin/ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
hostname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open

Launching installer...

grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
/opt/blackdown-jdk-1.4.2.03/jre/bin/java: error while loading shared
libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/Desktop $