On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 13:44 +0200, Naga wrote:
> On Friday 11 August 2006 13:26, Alan Mckinnon wrote:

> > The current drawn through a conductor (in this case a live body) is
> > determined by the voltage, and the resistance of the body itself.
>
> And in this case the surface that the body is in contact with.
>
> I other words don't stand in water when you get the shock (but rubber shoes
> should work) :)

On a side note, when I was still fixing things for a living I used to
demonstrate to new trainees how current flow actually worked by
deliberately touching the mains live on a running tv set in complete
safety. Very very very few of them figured it out :-) The secret:

- use one finger of one hand
- wooden workbench
- shoes

alan