On 8/12/06, Richard Broersma Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Unless you are crazy enough to have USE=nocxx, you get a c++ compiler
> with gcc.  Others are controlled by USE flags.

I don't believe that I included the USE=nocxx variable.  I will give another
try at re-building
GCC a little later just to see if I get the same effect. (Honestly, I did add a
few additional Use
Flags before I emerge gcc. gdj and fortran were some of them.  I went through
and pruned a few of
them when I first started having problems with some of packages failing to
emerge.)

Ok.  Don't forget to use "eselect compiler" (or gcc-config) to select
the 4.1.1 compiler after you have merged it if you want to use it.

-Richard