I'm trying to find out why ccache won't cache anything.  Building and
maintaining for three months an entire system got me all of 5 cache
hits.  What can I do to encourace more cache usage?  One of the methods
I'm investigating is to determine and eliminate CFLAGS arguments that
may cause 'unsupported compiler option' to be incremented.  Is there
anything else I can try?

# ccache -s
cache directory                     /var/tmp/ccache
cache hit                              5
cache miss                           153
called for link                    14836
multiple source files                 87
compile failed                         2
preprocessor error                  1732
bad compiler arguments                 1
not a C/C++ file                    4774
autoconf compile/link              28079
unsupported compiler option         2569
no input file                       8965
files in cache                       306
cache size                           4.3 Mbytes
max cache size                       2.5 Gbytes

# grep CFLAGS /etc/make.conf
CFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -mtune=athlon64 -m64 -O3 -fmessage-length=0 -pipe"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"

Justin