On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:28:50 -0300
Fernando Ferrari wrote:

Hi,
> Hi Frank, look this http://gentoo-wiki.com/Ethereal

few days (or weeks) ago I asked for same thing to list. I installed
wireshark and, as it did not work, I forgot about it.

Now, after reading mini how-to, I found I have no wiresahrk "binary":

# equery files wireshark
[ Searching for packages matching wireshark... ]
* Contents of net-analyzer/wireshark-0.99.2:
/usr
/usr/bin
/usr/bin/capinfos
/usr/bin/dftest
/usr/bin/dumpcap
/usr/bin/editcap
/usr/bin/ethereal -> wireshark
/usr/bin/idl2wrs
/usr/bin/mergecap
/usr/bin/randpkt
/usr/bin/tethereal -> tshark
/usr/bin/text2pcap
/usr/bin/tshark
/usr/lib

# ls -lsa /usr/bin/wire*
ls: /usr/bin/wire*: No existe el fichero o el directorio (no file found)

and ethereal is (obviously) a broken link...

is there any consideration to take care of when installing wireshark?

Thansk in advance,
Arnau

--
Arnau Bria