On 8/25/06, John Blinka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
But I was unaware of ~/.xsession-errors.  After the first, failed login
it looks like this:

/usr/bin/startxfce4: X server already running on display :0
xrdb: Connection refused
xrdb: Can't open display ':0'

Hrm, normally it is the DM's job to setup the access control (with
xauth) appropriately to allow cllients to connect to the server, but
I'm no expert on this...it usually "just works".

So maybe we can just double check a couple of basics:

Do you have x11-apps/xauth merged?
What are the permissions on ~user/.Xauthority

Other than that, I know exactly nothing about xfce4, but maybe this
problem is coming from the startxfce4 script...

-Richard