Hi,

I know this is a recursive question, but this weekend I've been
reisntalling a box, and, as I had some hostname problems, I decided to
look for "the definitive answer".... I did not find it.

Finally,  decided to set hostname and dnsdomainname in /etc/conf.d/
files. But with that set, hostname -f gave me errors.

So I set in /etc/hosts:

127.0.0.1 locahost
my_IP   hostname.domain.com hostname

And hostname commnad returned correct values.

Is this the definitive way of doing it?

I found some docs where is said that hosts file should look like:
127.0.0.1 localhost hostname hostname.domain.com

or other which says that is not needed to edit hosts file, that conf.d
fles are enought for a correct fqdn...

thanks in advance!

--
Arnau Bria