De: Stefan G. Weichinger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enviado el: Lunes, 28 de Agosto de 2006 08:08 a.m.
Para: gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
Asunto: [gentoo-user] Xorg 7.0: how to remove unwanted VIDEO_CARDS?

Greetings,

yesterday I upgraded my notebook to xorg-x11-7.0-r1.
Compared to doing this on my desktop-system (where I ran into heavy
dependency-problems, solved it already ...) it went through without
problems.

I had added INPUT_DEVICES and VIDEO_CARDS to /etc/make.conf, according
to my hardware, during the emerge I wondered why I should need some
savage-modules on my Nvidia-notebook, so I checked back and noticed that
I had mistyped VIDOE_CARDS ....

Corrected that and emerged again, now much less packages.

Did that remove the unneeded/unwanted bunch of modules or do I have to
correct that by doing something?

Thanks for a hint,
greetings, Stefan.

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.