I've done some research, but haven't been able to find anything that
works for my sitch.  I use the themed gdm screen as my login to GNOME.
The problem is that the only thing I can see on the gdm screen is the
username and password boxes.  I think the screen resolution is too low
(possibly 640x480?)  However, when I get into GNOME, my screen
resolution is set at the correct 1024x768.  I found one site that
suggested running gdmsetup, switching from Theme to Plain, and logging
out, then logging back in and switching back to Theme in gdmsetup, but
that didn't work for me.  How can I get gdm back to the right size?
Here's my xorg.conf:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "X.org Configured"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option "DontVTSwitch"  "false"
        Option "DontZap"  "false"
EndSection

Section "Files"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/misc/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/TTF/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/Type1/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/CID/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "dri"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "xtrap"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "type1"
        Load  "freetype"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "auto"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mouse0"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        #DisplaySize      320   240     # mm
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "LTN"
        ModelName    "e1770NSL/T"
        HorizSync    30.0 - 70.0
        VertRefresh  50.0 - 160.0
        Option      "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        ### Available Driver options are:-
        ### [arg]: arg optional
        #Option     "NoAccel"                   # [<bool>]
        #Option     "SWcursor"                  # [<bool>]
        #Option     "ColorKey"                  # <i>
        #Option     "CacheLines"                # <i>
        #Option     "Dac6Bit"                   # [<bool>]
        #Option     "DRI"                       # [<bool>]
        #Option     "NoDDC"                     # [<bool>]
        #Option     "ShowCache"                 # [<bool>]
        #Option     "XvMCSurfaces"              # <i>
        #Option     "PageFlip"                  # [<bool>]
        Identifier  "Card0"
        Driver      "i810"
        VendorName  "Intel Corp."
        BoardName   "Unknown Board"