On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, Richard Fish wrote:

> On 9/4/06, Jorge Almeida <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> You can try restoring the previous version (6.4) and see if it is
> still a problem:

I already did. Can't be without vim, and syntax files are a must.
> emerge --oneshot =app-editors/vim-6.4
Everything went back to normal.

> If this fixes things up, you can try the upgrade again, but take a
> closer look at the differences between the 6.4 and 7.0.17 vimrc files.
I checked /etc/vim/vimrc. The differences seemed unrelated to colouring
and indentation...
And I also read the version 7 sections of the vim manual.
> In particular, if you have a ~/.vimrc file, you might need to make
> some changes, and the diff between the two might help you figure out
> what to change.

I have, but it doesn't contain any customization related to syntax
files, just some mappings that didn't break...

Thanks.

Jorge