On 9/8/06, Neil Bothwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 13:36:57 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:

>  Why can't the ebuild be left on my
> machine in some location so that the machine remains unaltered until I
> decide it's worth dealing with?

The ebuild is on your machine, in /var/db/pkg/category/package-version/
Copy it to your overlay and portage will stop complaining.

Or you could let portage perform the minor update. It's only a revision
level change, most likely just a fix for the security issue.

--
Neil Bothwick

Thanks Neil. This is what I eventually did.

Now in the first stages of the gcc-4.1.1 update on my AMD64 machine.
Wish me luck. It needs to be happy by Monday morning.

Cheers,
Mark